23 December 2020
As a result of the COVID-19 cluster in the Northern Beaches the QLD Government has re-established a harder border with NSW.
Please note that:
- From 1am AEST 21 December 2020 the Queensland border is closed to anyone who has been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter). Currently specific parts of New South Wales are hotspots.
- Anyone travelling to Queensland who has been in NSW at any time since 1am Friday 11 December must complete a Queensland Border Declaration Pass before they enter Queensland.
- Anyone (including all interstate visitors and Queensland residents returning home) who were in hotspot locations on or since Friday 11 December 2020 must follow testing and quarantine requirements.
- The QLD Minister has indicated that these arrangements will be reviewed on 8 January.
- Information continues to be updated here https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/border-restrictions
On behalf of the Tenterfield Shire Council we wish you all the best for a safe and happy Christmas.